Monday, November 29, 2010

127 HOURS

Saw 127 Hours finally. It was freaking fantastic. It's the exact kind of film I could see myself making in, oh say...10 years. High-adrenaline, poetic, emotional, small yet cosmic, and HEAVY on visuals. I've been wanting to make a short with similar style now for a couple years, but there's that little catch of needing to be talented with raising money. That is, if I want to do it right. I just got out of debt - I'd rather not take the plunge back in! Oh right, and I would need to find a talented crew that I can trust. And actors. All potentially very fun, but I feel like I have a lot more maturing and a lot more of my own world exploration to undergo. All of which requires time. But if I think this way it may never get done. So, I'll set a year deadline for shooting the short. It will be AWESOME - basically the best adventure drama-doc short you've ever seen from a 26 year old director cameraman.

No comments: